Everything you wanted to know, but were afraid to ask.
Most Executive Directors are steeped in the program direction and mission of their organization – but find themselves overwhelmed by the jargon and complexity of financial numbers. This session breaks down that barrier and provides a framework and the skills necessary for the ED to fully become the financial leader of their organization. Through a hands-on review we’ll explore the key questions for you to manage your organization’s finances, assess your organization’s financial health, communicate with your board around financial issues and make ongoing strategic decisions.
At the end of this FREE interactive session participants will be able to:
• Understand and engage in their role as financial leader of the organization.
• Read and understand their financial statements and assess the financial health of their organization through asking key questions and utilizing financial ratios.
• Staff the finance function to adequately cover all aspects of the organization with strong internal controls.
• Be familiar with the concepts of cost allocation, full costs, and budgeting.
• Communicate clear, concise financial information with their board using a dashboard.